For those of you who have never heard of MonsterGiftCard.com, this site is definitely a legitimate and reliable website built to help you purchase and sell gift cards. Although their selection is limited, this site still allows you to save up to 23% on gift cards from a wide variety of companies, including American Eagle Outfitters, Pier 1 Imports, and Applebee’s. You can also feel confident in your purchase because they have a 101 day guarantee that your gift card is sold as advertised. If there is any problem with your card during this time, they will send you another gift card to make up the discrepancy or send you the difference in cash.
For gift card sellers, this site is a decent option because they issue payments via check by mail or Dwolla. An ACH deposit would be another convenient option, but it isn’t available. Payments are issued within two days of verifying your card balance, but if you want to be paid through a Dwolla account you will need to contact them at [email protected]. Dwolla works the same as Paypal but is free. Another interesting thing is that they allow you to trade gift cards, but the only thing they say about trading is to contact them at [email protected].
- Sign up Now
- Minimum Card Value to Sell: $10
- Shipping: Depending upon your location, you can expect your card(s) within 3-7 business days, but it can occasionally take up to 10 business days.
- Return Policy: All sales have a 101 day guarantee. If there is any problem with your card during this time, they will send you another gift card to make up the discrepancy or send you the difference in cash.
How To Buy Gift Cards:
- Head to MonsterGiftCard.com
- You can start by either using the search bar on the home page, browsing cards by category, browse by brand popularity, or you can click the buy button at the top of the page to get a full list of their retailers.
- After finding a card, click on it to read card details.
- If you see something you want, click on “Buy Card.”
- On the checkout page, you’ll be prompted to either log in or create a free account.
- Finally, verify that your order is correct, confirm your billing and shipping information and you will be prompted to complete your payment.
How To Sell Gift Cards:
- Click the “Sell” button at the top of any page on the site.
- Find your merchant to see what MGC will pay you for your gift card in cash. MGC accepts gift cards with a value between $10.00 and $200.00.
- If the total value of your gift cards are over $200.00, please contact MGC to get pre-approval.
- If you agree to the price, enter your current gift card value, the original balance, and click the Sell Card button.
- If you have not registered you will be prompted to do so.
- Printout the page with your information/bar code and send your card to Monster Gift Card.
- Verify your identity [if applicable] if a first time user. This ensures us that we are paying you for the card, and not someone else.
- After Monster Gift Card receives your gift card, they will send you a check within 3-5 business days.
- If you are interested in faster payments through Dwolla, contact them at [email protected].
MonsterGiftCard.com is an option that might be worth your time if you’re looking to buy or sell discounted gift cards. In addition to the variety of gift cards for sale from retailers like American Eagle Outfitters, Pier 1 Imports, and Applebee’s, the site provides a 101 day guarantee that the card you order will be just as advertised. If you want to sell gift cards, you have the option of receiving check or receiving payment through a Dwolla account. Sellers are also required to use a gift card with no expiration date and a value of at least $10. Sign up today and check out other Gift Card Deals from our massive list!
Anoni 1508 says
Monsters Gift Card is a horrible site. (Not a scam) 2 months with no payment and no reply to e-mails or phone messages. But they had no problem spending my gift cards. (They finally paid/ contacted me after the 2 months) I used them a few times and they were very slow each time over a month to pay and 2 weeks to reply to messages (when they actually responded most time they never did) but this was the final straw. NEVER again.
rich brendel says
Monster Gift Card is currently ripping some people off by not paying for gift cards sent to them. They also don’t respond to email or phone messages. You can start by checking the BBB.